Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Remembering my favourite road in Bangalore

Heard from my husband's adorable niece that the temperature recorded in Chennai and Bangalore were same yesterday. I just could not believe it. May be the low temp of Chennai could be the same as high temp of Bangalore..But not the average temp..She said , she got this information from her friend who also happens to be a quizz master.
May be he is right..Is it because of the mass cutting of trees for the so called development of Bangalore??
The stretch of road where you can see the golf course to the left, near raj bhavan used to be my favourite road in the whole of Bangalore. I used to relish my ride on that road to my office from the hostel, before marriage. The trees adjoining the golf course merges all seasons into one ....the season of perennial coolness and shade. The experience of travelling on that road is heavenly..One can enjoy nature's gift to the fullest on that road...
Sometime back when I happened to ride on that road, I could just not recognize it, now devoid of those helpful trees and bearing a naked look. What is the need to butcher those magnificient green trees?? What has become of my favourite road makes my heart bleed with pain and rage with anger.

Poor Bangalore, poor bangaloreans and poor trees..

No comments: